Want to apply Family immigration with a Norwegian or Nordic citizen

You can apply for family immigration if you wish to move to be with a family member in Norway.

The applicant is the person who wishes to visit or live in Norway. 

On this page, we use the words 'reference person' and 'applicant

  • The reference person = the family member living in Norway.
  • The applicant = the person who wants to move to Norway or continue living here and who needs a residence permit

What kind of family member are you?

  • Cohabitant

  • Parent of a child who is under 18 and lives in Norway

  • Other family members


Waiting time

Check how long you have to wait for an answer to your application for a residence permit for family immigration. 

Did you find what you were looking for?