A person will receive a residence permit as a refugee in Norway if he or she:
Has been persecuted for:
- Skin color
- Member of a special social group
- Political opinions
Or on the way home is in real danger of being exposed to:
- Death penalty
- Inhuman or degrading treatment
Special social group
As an asylum seeker, you are entitled to protection if you have a well-founded fear of persecution due to membership in a particular social group. A special social group are people who have a common characteristic beyond the danger of being persecuted.
Examples of members of a special social group:
- Former victims of human trafficking
- Lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgender people or intersex people
- Vulnerable groups of women and children
To be entitled to protection, belonging to the group must give real danger of persecution.