Choose digital mail – receive an answer sooner
If you have a digital mailbox, you do not have to wait for our letter to be sent by ordinary post. You can save up to two weeks' waiting time with a digital mailbox. With a digital mailbox, you can open your letter from anywhere in the world.
What is a digital mailbox?
- A digital mailbox is a website where you can log in and read letters from UDI and other Norwegian public agencies.
- A digital mailbox is secure. We can therefore send you letters there that we cannot send you by email.
- You will be notified by SMS or email when a new letter is available in your digital mailbox.
- More information about the digital mailbox.
To create a digital mailbox account, you need the following:
- A Norwegian identification number (i.e. national identity number or D number).
- A user profile in ID-porten (external website).
- An electronic ID such as BankID to log in to ID-porten. Your Norwegian bank will provide you with a BankID (external website).
How to get a digital mailbox
- Go to norge.no (external website).
- Choose which digital mailbox you want – Digipost or e-Boks.
- Follow the instructions at norge.no.
Once you have created a digital mailbox account, we and other public agencies will start sending letters to your digital mailbox.
Is it not possible for you to get a digital mailbox?
- You can authorise someone who is able to get a digital mailbox.
- This person can receive the decision from us in their digital mailbox.