Visit Norway without a visa
- You can stay in Norway and the rest of the Schengen area for up to 90 days during a period of 180 days.
- You can divide the 90 days over several visits and travel freely in and out of Norway.
- If you have been in the Schengen area in the last 90 days, you must check when it is possible for you to re-enter, and how many days you can stay in Schengen. Please use the visa calculator to check this (ec.europa.eu) (external website)
- If you have had a residence permit in Norway which has expired, you must travel out of Norway and the Schengen area. You can then travel into Norway again and stay here for up to 90 days without a visa.
- You must have a passport which is valid for at least three months longer than the date you plan to leave Norway.
- You must normally have NOK 500 available for each day of your stay in Norway. You may be asked to document this when you enter the Schengen area, for example by showing cash, credit cards or documentation of prepaid accommodation and transport. If you are staying with family or friends, you do not need to have this much money. Alternatively, the person you will be visiting can act as your financial sponsor.
- You must be able to travel back to your home country or the country in which you hold a residence permit at the end of your stay.
- Usually, you cannot work in Norway during your visit, including remote work. If you wish to work, you must apply for a residence permit.
EU/EEA citizens who wishes to visit Norway
EU/EEA citizens do not need a visa to visit Norway, and can stay for up to three months. If you wish to stay longer, you must register with the police. Please note that:
- You can stay in Norway for up to three months without registering with the police, providing you do not become an unreasonable burden for public welfare systems.
- If you leave Norway, you may re-enter for another stay of up to three months. There are no restrictions on how long you must stay outside Norway before re-entering, but you must be able to document that you left the country.
- You must hold a valid travel document for your entry and stay in Norway.