How do I get to the asylum interview?
Information about getting to the interview
What you need to know about attending an interview when you do not live in an asylum reception centre
- You are to travel using the cheapest option (for example bus or train) from where you live. If you need to travel by taxi, car or plane, you need to get approval for this from UDI well before your departure date in order to get your money back. You will find information about how to contact us and apply to have your travel plans approved in the letter calling you in for your interview.
- UDI only covers travel expenses to and from the asylum interview for anyone summoned for the interview. UDI does not cover travel expenses for family or friends. If you have special reasons for why you need someone to accompany you, you need to get this approved by UDI before your trip.
- In order to get your travel expenses covered, you can either use the travel requisition to pay for the trip, or the travel reimbursement form to get the cost of your trip paid back to you afterwards. Both accompany the letter summoning you for your interview.
- If you need to stay overnight, you must arrange and pay for your accommodations yourself. If it is not possible for you to arrange for a place to stay, you need to contact UDI.
- You will have to pay for food during your trip yourself. On the day of the interview, you will be provided with a light lunch by UDI.
What you need to know about attending an interview when you live in an asylum reception centre
- You have to travel to the city where your interview is taking place well ahead of the scheduled time for your interview.
- Ask the staff at your reception centre (mottak) to help you to organise your travel. They will order tickets for you. Remember that you have to make sure you have a return ticket or money to pay for your trip back to your reception centre.
Directions to Innspurten 11 D, Oslo
- You must travel to Oslo well in advance of the time of your interview appointment.
- You can take the bus from Oslo Bus Terminal or the metro from Jernbanetorget to get to your interview.
From the National Arrival Centre at Råde
- Walk for 3 minutes from the arrival centre to the bus stop (Jonsten E6). Take bus VY6 Oslo to Oslo bussterminal. See map (external website).
- Follow the instructions below for Transport options from Oslo city centre to Innspurten 11 D
Transport options from Oslo city centre to Innspurten 11 D
- From Jernbanetorget metro station you can take lines 1, 2, 3, or 4 to Helsfyr station. The walk from Helsfyr station to Innspurten 11D takes around 10 minutes. See map (external website)
- It is also possible to take bus number 37 to Helsfyr bus station from Jernbanetorget. The walk from the bus stop at Helsfyr to Innspurten 11 D takes around 10 minutes. See map (external website)
- You can also take bus numbers 100, 110, or 300 from Oslo Bus Terminal to Teisenkrysset. The walk from Teisenkrysset to Innspurten 11 D takes about 5-7 minutes. See map (external website)
From Oslo Airport Gardermoen to Innspurten 11 D
- Flybussen FB5A "Oslo sentrum via Helsfyr-Hasle-Bislett". Go off the bus at Teisenkrysset bus stop. It takes 5-7 minutter to walk from the Teisenkrysset to Innspurten 11 D. See map (external website)
- Flybussen FB5B "Oslo sentrum via Helsfyr-Ensjø-Tøyen-Bislett. Go off the bus at Teisenkrysset bus stop. It takes 5-7 minutter to walk from the Teisenkrysset to Innspurten 11 D. See map (external website)
Directions to Sluppenvegen 23, Trondheim
- You must travel to Trondheim well in advance of the time of your interview appointment.
- The address of the interview centre is Sluppenvegen 23, 7037 Trondheim.
- Sluppenvegen 23 in Google Maps (external website, opens in new window).
From Trondheim Airport Værnes
- If you arrive in Trondheim by plane, you can expect it to take an hour by airport express bus from the airport to the city centre. You can exit the bus (Værnesekspressen) at Nidarvoll skole bus stop. From there it takes 5—10 minutes to walk to UDI.
- See map.
- The entrance is on the ground level between the two buildings. The interview centre is on the 7th floor.
Transport from the city centre of Trondheim
- You can take the local bus to the Sluppen bus stop. From there it takes 5 minutes to walk to UDI.
- See map.
- The entrance is between the two building, up one floor to Plan 2. The interview centre is on the 7th floor.