Have applied Immigrant's passport or travel document
Questions and answers
How do I submit new documentation?
If you have new documentation which is important for your application, you can send it to UDI, for example
- form for change of name, pdf, 534 kB (pdf, 542 kB)
- an explanation of how you lost your last travel document
What happens to my application while I wait?
- Once you have submitted all the application documents to the police, the police will assess your application.
- The police will either consider your application themselves or forward it to UDI. You will be notified when your application has been received by UDI.
- If forwarded to UDI, we consider your application and make a decision. You can read more about the waiting time in our guide to waiting time for applications for immigrant's passport and refugee travel document.
- When UDI has made a decision in your case, we will notify you.
How will I receive a reply to my application?
Once your application has been considered, you will receive a letter in the post. If you have authorised someone to represent you in connection with your case, or if you have a lawyer, this person will be notified and must then inform you.
How can I withdraw my application and get a refund of my fee?
The application fee can only be refunded if you have not yet attended your appointment to hand in the application in person. If you have sent an application where you are not required to meet in person, but only need to upload the application documents electronically, you cannot get the fee refunded after you have uploaded the documents.
If you want your application fee refunded, you must contact the police district or the embassy responsible for your application. UDI cannot assist you with reimbursement.
If you have already handed in your application in person but wish to withdraw it, even if you will not be reimbursed, you must notify us in writing. You can write a short letter explaining that you wish to withdraw your application. The letter must be signed by you, the applicant. You must send the letter electronically. When we receive the information that you want to withdraw your application, we will dismiss the case and send you a written confirmation.