Tips for UDI

If you wish to give a tip to UDI, you can contact us by telephone.

What kind of tips can you send to UDI?

You can for example tip UDI if you have information about:

  • A person who has stated incorrect information to UDI
  • A person who is staying in Norway illegally
  • A person who has violated the terms of their residency permit
  • An employer who has employees who do not have legal residency in Norway
  • An au pair who is being exploited by their host family

You can call us at (+47) 23 35 15 00 and tell us that you have a tip and we will put you through to someone you can talk to.

You can also send a written tip to UDI by post. The tip can be sent to this address:
Postboks 2098 Vika
0125 Oslo

You can remain anonymous if you do not wish to tell us your name. The information you give us will be saved in our systems, and the person you give us information about will usually have the right to know that someone has given a tip about them.

UDI has a duty of confidentiality, and you will not be able to receive feedback about what we do with the case.

What kind of tips should you notify the police about?

If you wish to report a criminal offence, contact the police (external website).

Criminal offences are for example:

  • threats
  • a foreign citizen has been subject to trafficking
  • someone has been subject to forced marriage

Would you like to help us improve our website?

Did you find what you were looking for?