Apply for private housing (temporary alternative accommodation to reception centres)

UDI has a scheme for Ukrainians who want an alternative to living in an asylum reception centre or in emergency accommodation.

You can apply if you:

  • are a Ukrainian national who is eligible for, or has received temporary collective protection, a member of their family or a person who was granted protection (asylum) in Ukraine, and you
  • have already been registered by the immigration authorities in Norway, and
  • have found a place to live, and
  • have not been settled as a resident yet.

Having found a place to live means that you either have been given a place to live

  • by a private individual, or
  • by an organisation, or
  • by a municipality

Unaccompanied minors are not covered by the scheme for a temporary alternative accommodation to asylum reception centres. They can get help from a representative to apply for private housing through the standard scheme for alternative accommodation.

Select one of these two application forms to apply for private housing

1. Use this form if you have found housing yourself, and you have received confirmation from the municipality that they are willing to enter into an agreement for you to live there  (rapid procedure form).

2. Use this form if you have found housing yourself but have not yet contacted the municipality where the housing is located (standard form).

Two application forms

  • 1. Rapid procedure form

  • 2. Standard form

How to use the form

  • One application per family

  • Logging in

  • Signature

This happens after you have applied

Frequently asked questions and answers about private housing

Would you like to help us improve our website?

Did you find what you were looking for?